What To Expect From Your New Glasses . . .
If this is a new prescription, please allow about 2 weeks of wear to completely adjust to the new prescription. It is possible that at first you experience mild dizziness, headaches, or slight nausea. If these symptoms persist, please call our office. If you experience any problems with the fit of your frame (i.e. too lose, too tight) please come in for an adjustment. Your glasses should remain stationary on your face when you nod or turn your head. If your glasses slide down your nose, or tilt to one side, we will be happy to adjust them for you.
Cleaning your Glasses
Clean your glasses with running water and your new lens care cloth provided. Do not rub the lenses; you should only need to blot the water off the lenses. If you have something on them that will not come off, please stop by our office for a complimentary cleaning. To avoid scratches, never wipe your lenses when they are completely dry, especially with your shirt or tissues.
Proper Care for Your Glasses
There are a number of things that you can do to prolong the life of your new glasses:
- Always keep your glasses in a case when you are not wearing them.
- Never lay your glasses down on their lenses, this could cause scratching.
- Use two hands when putting on or taking off your glasses.
- Have your glasses adjusted periodically. The screws and nose-pads can loosen over time and need to be tightened.
- If your glasses break, do not try to repair them yourself. Bring them to our office and we will try to repair of replace them for you.
Your lenses and frames are manufactured from the highest quality ophthalmic materials and are free from defects.
- We have a one (1) year from date of purchase guarantee on the workmanship of frames and lenses. There is no charge for this warranty. If for some reason the frame breaks from workmanship we will replace or repair the frame, or broken part with an exact duplicate (if available), at no charge one time within the year. This does not include misused frames or frames that have been abused, lost, stolen, etc. If the lenses have become scratched from normal wear and tear they will be replaced one time up to the manufacturers warranty period. This is not to exceed one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- One remake will be made within 30 days of purchase if the patient is unable to adapt to the prescription, high index material, or progressive bi-focal.
- If the new glasses or lenses are of lesser value, no refund will be issued. Unfortunately, we must maintain this policy because the glasses and lenses are a custom product that we have adjusted to work only for you and we would not be able to resell or use the product.
- If the new glasses or lenses were of a higher value the difference would need to be paid. There will be no discounts on any up-charges even if insurance was originally used.